Total Pageviews

Monday, February 27, 2012

Sunday's 28 mile trail run..Started off pretty pukie..

Woke up Sunday morning later than usual to start a long distance trail run. I usually get up an hour and a half before any long run to do some positive self talk and doing my morning rituals. Sound kind of strange?? Well, its what gets me through my training. Anyways, Sunday early morning around 2:30- 3:00 AM I woke up nauseous and vomiting. Not sure the reason but i just felt awful. I had a horrible headache as if I had drank an entire bottle of Jack. I laid back down to get a little more rest before my alarm went off at 5:00 to get up for our run. I didn't hear the alarm..woke up on my own around 5:45 ish in a panic to get ready. Luckily I had my stuff already packed and ready to go. I wasn't able to make my breakfast and have my coffee etc.. and I was still feeling horrible. I really didn't want to run but I really couldn't reschedule because my schedule is very tight and this 28 mile run had already been planned out. So I grabbed my stuff and was out the door without putting a lot of thought into how crappy I was feeling. Met up with (Dawn) my running partner and we headed out for the hills. As she was driving I was trying not to puke.. BLAH.. we arrived at our destination and started our run. Still feeling crappy, but in my mind I was battling with not giving up, after all I have worked so hard to get to this point. I was trying very hard to stop those self defeating thoughts..on top of feeling crappy It was freezing, our fingers were so cold they hurt. We were in shorts because a 28 mile run will get warmer later. So we pushed on, I hydrated, ate the food I packed even though I felt queasy because I knew how important it was to fuel during a long run like this. As the morning turned into afternoon it warmed up to a perfect running temp and I was better mentally. Just being outdoors doing what I love even in tough circumstances feeds my soul..I was amazed how powerful the mind can be when having to overcome negative self talk and giving into a little nausea, not every training day is going to be perfect and I still think listening to your body is important, and I did think through this prior to going out, if I wasn't feeling better after 13-15 miles I would head back. But I felt strong enough to finish. Whats even more amazing we did 2 extra miles!!! Totally 28 trail miles!! I wanted to share my experience with you because when working hard toward a goal you set, not everyday is a perfect day and sometimes mornings can be a little tough but maybe just try and push through. Also, those who are struggling with weight and you feel a little pain or discomfort from your workouts it will get better..Not everyday is perfect! But the feeling of accomplishing a goal you set is perfect!

Here is a little motivational quote I love!





Here are some photos from Sundays run.. this is raw footage.. no makeup with bed head.. also My legs aren't really that white! I have poison oak so i covered my legs with medicine to prevent it getting any worse! Cheers!!

one of the beautiful stream we crossed

Dawn standing on this cool tree shaped like a capital "L" we saw on our adventure!

A view from a mountain side we were on..we run in and out of the canyons so you can imagine the work involved

This is me running on a lower trail and Dawn trying to capture me in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love my Bad A$$ trail running chicks!

Love my Bad A$$ trail running chicks!
Follow me on my fitness journey's.