Total Pageviews

Monday, February 6, 2012

50K fast approaching.. 4 weeks and 5 days!

50K is fast approaching! Training has been going good. Last week I was feeling a little tired. My legs were fatigued and my body needed a little rest. So I rested... didn't put in all the miles I suppose too according to my training schedule. BUT!! Thats OK. Im really trying to listen to my body and rest when Im starting to feel that overtraining feeling. The last thing I want to do is end up back in the hospital  Mentally I feel wonderful. I went for an awesome short trail run yesterday and it was a PERFECT run! I felt great inside and out. Back to my routine today with a "I can do it attitude'! Body feels rested and ready for training!!

http://www.wtc50k.com/

3 comments:

  1. Listening to your body's got to b part of training too. Your posting reminds me not to beat up on myself when i choose not to run for smart reasons. Thanks Christine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think more people should listen to their body and maybe that way they can avoid a serious injury. I had a calf strain and I shut down my running for a month and I think it was the decision I made. Best of luck with your 50K I just know you will do great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are welcome.. Thank you! Rest and stretching seem to be the two most neglected . Yet the most important in injury prevention! So cheers to you both for listening to your body!

    ReplyDelete

Love my Bad A$$ trail running chicks!

Love my Bad A$$ trail running chicks!
Follow me on my fitness journey's.