Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Saturdays 25k that is really a 40k!!

So you all know Im/we (Dawn) are training for this Ultra marathon in March "Way to Cool'. My friend  and I are super excited about this event and have been training hard for it. Well.... speaking for myself I had to lighten the load and take a slower week and not train as much.. because my body was shouting out "REST"!!!!!! please... so I did. Listening to your body will help you reach race day.. Cheers! Anyhow, this Saturday is our regular training day having to run 20-25 miles of trail. Soooo we decided to participate in this Sierra pacific Trail endurance run. We have a friend Susan who is coming to town to conquer the 50K so we, Dawn and I, decide to join her in support and get our training in! Sounds like fun?? I think so! But the problem was this race just has a 25k and 50k..well we don't want/are ready for the 50k and 25k isn't enough so we have decided to add in those extra 5-10 miles depending on how we are feeling. I have not ran in a trail event since my last unfortunate trail run where I wound up in the hospital...SO this is important to me to get the feeling of the trail in a event setting before our 50K! Now, this calls for a little adventure because Dawn and I are changing up our coarse a little bit.. But WE LOVE adventure and the trails..so sounds like an awesome Saturday run to me! Wish us luck and look for photos of nothing but fun and adventure!! Cheers to life and adventure!

http://www.sierrapacificendurance.com/index.cfm/events/american-canyon-race/

1 comment:

  1. I wish you and Dawn the best of luck in both the 25K and your upcoming Ultra. I know you will both do just great.

    ReplyDelete

Love my Bad A$$ trail running chicks!

Love my Bad A$$ trail running chicks!
Follow me on my fitness journey's.