Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Watermelon salad with pickled onions and feta cheese..I will see how it tastes and let you know!

1 cup of sliced red onion
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1-1/2 tbs white balsamic vinegar
1 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp black pepper (freshly ground)
2-1/2 cups cubed seedless watermelon
1 small cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled feta cheese
2 tbs chopped fresh mint
2 tbs chopped fresh basil
Combine first 3 ingredients in small bowl; let stand for 30 mins and then drain pickled onions. I large bowl, mix balsamic vinegar, oil and pepper; stir well then whisk. Add pickled onions, watermelon and cucumber; toss gently to coat. Arrange watermelon mixture on a platter and top with cheese, mint and basil. Makes 6 servings
Per serving
77 calories
3.9 g fat
1.9 g protein
9.8 carbs
1.2g fiber
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love my Bad A$$ trail running chicks!

Love my Bad A$$ trail running chicks!
Follow me on my fitness journey's.