Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Making sports Gel for our long run this weekend!

Raw Lemon-Lime Sport Gel Recipe (from Thrive)

Ingredients (for 3/4 cup, twice as much as pictured)
  • 4 dates (I used dried dates, soaked for a few hours)
  • 1/2 cup raw agave nectar
  • 1 Tbsp lime zest
  • 2 tsp lemon zest
  • 1/2 tsp dulse (I skipped this, since I didn't have it)
  • Sea salt to taste
Combine all the ingredients in a blender or small food processor until desired consistency is reached.  Put into plastic zip-lock bag or gel flask.  (You can see that in my sublime hatred of carrying heavy or bulky things with me on runs, I chose the former.  Just bite off a corner when you're ready to eat it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love my Bad A$$ trail running chicks!

Love my Bad A$$ trail running chicks!
Follow me on my fitness journey's.